We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain identifiable information when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used according to this privacy statement.
Microsystems may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 26, 2020.
What Information We Collect
We may collect information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, date of birth, contact address, email address, phone number, gender, bank information, bank debit card details and other information that is not otherwise publicly available. Such information is collected when you register and activate our mCashPoint / Cash234 app. Other information, such as your IP address, browser type, phone model, access time and date and other technical information, may also be automatically collected while using our app or website.
Use of Information
The information collected from you is used in several ways, which are not limited to:
- Processing your registration
- Fulfilling your service order
- Maintaining the quality of our services
- Generating statistics about our app usage and visitors
- Facilitating payment for services rendered to you
- Fulfilling any other requests you may have made
We might occasionally provide you with information about special features and offers in our app or any other service we think may interest you. We might occasionally provide you with related information from third parties that we think may interest you. Your information may also be provided to selected third parties, our affiliates or subsidiaries whose services we believe may interest you. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt-out by declining the appropriate announcement boxes during registration or on the user profile page on our app.
How long do we retain your data?
What rights do you have over your data
- Requests to Access, Rectify or Erase.
- Access Request
You have the right to ask us whether we hold any Personal Data relating to you and, if we do, to be provided with a copy of that Personal Data in electronic form unless you want to receive it in another way (for example, a paper copy). In addition, you can ask us for information on how we use your Personal Data, who we share it with, how long we keep it, where it is stored, and other information to help you understand how we use it.
- Rectification Request
You have the right to ask us to correct your Personal Data (including by providing a supplementary statement) if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data updated without delay. If we cannot correct the Personal Data, we include a note on our files regarding your request to correct your Personal Data.
- Erasure Request
You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data if:
- Your Personal Data are no longer necessary for the purpose(s) they were collected for.
- Your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed.
- Your Personal Data must be erased to comply with a regulation.
- You withdraw your consent to process the Personal Data (and if this is the only basis on which we are processing your Personal Data).
- You object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests, provided there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continued processing, or
- You object to processing for direct marketing purposes.
- If we make the Personal Data public, we will also take reasonable steps to inform other data controllers processing it so they can seek to erase links to or copies of your Personal Data. We may refuse to act on your request to erase your Personal Data if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary:
- To exercise our right to freedom of expression and information.
- To comply with the NDPR and relevant Nigerian laws.
- To perform a task in the public interest or to exercise official authority vested in us.
- To establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- In these cases, we can restrict the processing instead of erasing your Personal Data if request to do so by you.
- Access Request
- Requests to Object: You have the right to object to processing your Personal Data if we process it based on our legitimate interests. This includes any so-called “profiling”. Our privacy notice informs you when we rely on legitimate interests to process your Personal Data. In these cases, we will stop processing your Personal Data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for continuing the processing. We may reject your request if processing your Personal Data is needed to establish, exercise or defend legal claims. You have the right to object at any time if we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You may also object at any time to profiling supporting our direct marketing. In such cases, we will stop processing your Personal Data when we receive your objection.
- Requests to Restrict: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data if:
- You contest the accuracy of your Personal Data, and we are in the process of verifying the Personal Data we hold.
- The processing is unlawful, and you do not want us to erase your Personal Data
- We no longer need your Personal Data for the original purpose(s) of processing, but you need them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, and you do not want us to delete the Personal Data as a result, or
- You have objected to processing carried out because of our legitimate interests while we verify if our legitimate grounds override yours.
- If processing is restricted, we may process your Personal Data (except for storage purposes) only:
- If you have given us your consent.
- For establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
- To protect the rights of another natural or legal person, or
- For reasons of significant public interest as defined under the NDPR and relevant Nigerian laws.
Once processing is restricted following your request, we will inform you before we lift the restriction.
Requests for Portability: If our processing is performed by computer and is necessary to fulfil a contract with you or is based on your consent, you have the right to:
Receive any Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable electronic format.
Send your Data to another organization or have us do so for you if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
Suppose your request relates to a set of Personal Data that also concerns other individuals. In that case, the fact that you request that we port this data as described above does not preclude those individuals from exercising their rights regarding their Personal Data.
Even if you request your personal data’s portability, you retain your right to request their erasure.
Requests to Object to Automated Decisions: Generally, you have the right to object to any decision that has a legal effect concerning you or that otherwise significantly affects you if this is based solely on the automated processing of your Personal Data. This includes automated decisions based on profiling.
We may refuse your request if the decision in question is:
- Necessary to enter into a contract with you or for the performance of your contract with us.
- Permitted by regulations, or
- Based on your explicit consent.
We will only make decisions relying solely on automated processing involving your sensitive Personal Data if you have given your explicit consent or if the processing is necessary for substantial public interest based on the NDPR and relevant laws.
I have read all the terms and conditions within this Notice and hereby agree/ disagree with the use of my personal data for the above-mentioned purposes